Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Busy Few Weeks

Here is another post from Maya's Mother Land
Hopefully you will see all the activities that have gone on since the last post and will understand why it has been so long.
Here are a few pictures of our latest celebrity. Everywhere we go people love to stop us and look at our baby. Then they love her even more when they find out she is Mexicana.




Here are a few of Maya with her loving brothers


Hyrum is really starting to love his baby sister.

And here she is with a couple of her compatriots.
Kim Arcila







Daniella Arcila
Jenn has been superwoman. She hosted a lunch for all the other American wives ("The Wives Club") shortly after her c-section.
Here are Kirtlyn and Hyrum with a few of the new American kids in our Stake. (Yes, Hyrum has a headless Superman hanging by the cape in his mouth...he is in a comedic stage)
And a highlight of this time has been Grandma Anna and Aunt Trisha coming to visit from Mesa, AZ. The kids were so happy to see them.

Hyrum instantly looks older here.
Grandma Anna brought presents for everyone...shoes for the kids, clothes for Maya, and brown sugar for Jennifer and Thomas.
We went to Tarasco's to get Tacos al Pastor (You can see the meat cooking on the other side of the man in the blue shirt, notice the pineapple on top).
We also went to Tonola to get some typical Mexican shopping done. There, there is a good restaurant where you can get the best Mole (Thomas' plate), and the best Enchiladas (Jenn's plate)

Kirtlyn is the only one that we could get to sit next to the skeleton. But even she wanted to keep her distance.
HAVE A GOOD DAY!

11 comments:

  1. I have been checking everyday to see if there was a new post. I was dying for pictures. I was about to call and give you a talkin to. :) But it looks like you had some very funa and good reasons to keep us hanging :). The kids look great and Maya has changed already. She is adorable. Tell the kids we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes you guys have beautiful kids!! I'm so glad I found your blog! You guys are living in Mexico? Man, it's been a while since I've heard anything about you guys!! How long have you been there? Where in Mexico? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and P.S. Your "music" is SUPER awesome! Especially compared to some other peoples'...I can't stand some of the music people put on their blogs! Love the Brian Regan! (I have a half Brian Regan post on my blog...good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot we have music on this thing, we don't hear it in Mexico because of licensing laws. We have been here for one year (Guadalajara) and three more to go. It's good to hear from you Gina, it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a while! What are you doing in Mexico for 4 years!? That's a long time, I'm kinda jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas is in medical school, we just finished our first year. We will be in New York for a year after this, than who knows. What are you guys up to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That sounds super cool, I'm not going to lie...We're living in Mesa still, I'm plugging away trying to find a full time job and Travis is studying Journalism at ASU. I'm hoping when he gets done he can find a cool job at some news station in Spain (Travis served his mission there) or something! How do you guys like it there in Guadalajara? Does everyone in the family know Spanish fluently?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Journalism, wow! That is going to be an adventure in it of itself!
    How exciting!
    We are really enjoying it, and the first year just flew by! I can already
    tell that I am going to miss it here when we leave!
    My oldest daughter has learned enough spanish to communicate with her friends. And my friends know a lot of English to communicate with me.... so my spanish is no good I am afraid.
    Of course, Thomas spoke spanish while he was in Ohio on his mission, and everyone says he is really good at it. So I thank my lucky stars that we are able to get around because of him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the update. It makes me more eager than ever to get there next week! By the way, the dresses Maya has on are so beautiful! Are they Mexican? Or did Anna bring them down? Do you need anything else for any of the kids? Let me know and we will bring them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dresses are on loan from my Puerto Rican friend, and I agree, they are beautiful! We are hoping to buy her some authentic Mexican dresses before we move, she needs them to keep and remember Mexico.
    I think I sent you an e-mail mentioning it would be great to have an American Flag..just a little one so Kirtlyn can start her school day saying the pledge of allegiance. Kirtlyn is down to two dresses that fit her, but I think two will be enough for now, and we can get some more here. I am just worried you are running out of space, we will be fine here, I just don't want you to have too much baggage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute and fun!!! We miss you all! What a grand adventure! Maya is so darling, quite the awesome family you two have created! Jen, as for your video question, what I did was upload to youtube then it gives you an option on you tube if you want to post it. You copy the code youtube gives you, then paste it in your post, and whala! I hope that helps. My friend helped me with mine too... so I definitely don't know as much about this blogging stuff as you think! haha :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete