Sunday, August 1, 2010

Meet Miss Maya!!

We found internet in the hospital so we decided to share the photos we have.
Here is Jenn right when we got here. Obviously this is before the birth. The hospital is Hospital Country 2000. It is very Catholic, along with everything else in Mexico. The staff is very nice and very professional. Jenn says that this is her best post-c-section recovery. She compliments the doctors for that. We have been here for about 24 hours and have seen 6 doctors come in and out to check on her and the baby. If we need something, we can go talk to the doctor, who is in the nurses station, instead of asking the nurse, who then would have to call the doctor, who might not respond. Of course this is a private hospital that really knows how to treat the customer.
The doctors were great, they let me look over their shoulders and they explained everything. I had just finished my surgery class the day before so I was able to keep up with what they were doing.
Maya did great, but she was not happy to come into all that light.
Don't make the incubator worry you, all the babies spend ~4 hours in there to acclimate themselves to this new world.

Room 209, Time of Birth 3:10

This is Jenn right when they brought her back. She is doing great!
Babies stay in the nursery here all night and in the mother's room all day. So here she is through the nursery window.
Here are Annie and Tammi, they stayed with the kids all night last night while I stayed with Jenn. They really are a great blessing to our family.

Hyrum is mildly excited that he has a new sister. Thomas is the most interested. He is just so amazed at how small everything is. And he is excited that Hyrum is not the smallest in the family anymore. Kirtlyn is the most excited to take her home and get started mothering her. She is also the most concerned for Jenn. She had a lot of questions about the surgery and how they fixed the hole in Jenn's tummy.
Here is Maya. If any of you can suggest a good middle name, we are open. We have discussed Lorraine, Marie, and Susanna. We are not sure what color eyes she has yet. Jenn has brown, but all our kids have blue. Maya is also the first baby to have dark hair. The other kids' was so light that they looked bald. Thomas kept saying that she has short, dark, boy hair.
We are so glad to have this new angel in our lives. Maya will definitely fit right in.

11 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO glad I checked your blog! I am like in tears here in AZ I wanna hold Maya so bad! She is adorable! Jenn you look amazing! you ARE amazing! That seems like an awesome hospital! To think you actually get to talk to the doctor! And you have such good friends! That is so sweet of them to keep your kids so happily and willingly! I have a feeling it is going to be very hard for you to leave mexico when med school is over. I kinda feel like i wanna move there if i could have doctors and friends like that! Thank you so much for posting pictures Thomas! I have been aching to see "Baby Maya" Love you guys So Much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful Jen I can't believe how big you don't get with your babies where do you hide them. Thank you Tammi and Annie from us for taking care of our little bambeenos(sp):) I'm glad they have friends there to help them. Hope all continues to go well. post more pics. can't wait to meet her love you all.
    oh... I have the perfect middle name,
    Maya Rachel Biggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooo much for blogging those pictures of our beautiful new granddaughter, as well as our other precious kids. And Jenn looks great! Her hospital experience sounds like the ones I had when I had the first 4 kids in Mesa Southside District Hospital...love and attention...and the feeling that you, as a patient, are important. Very rare these days. What a blessing for you. All the middle names you mentioned sound good with Maya. Whatever you choose will be beautiful.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So glad everything went well for you and baby! You look great~

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful and we're so glad for you. These are awesome pictures. Thank you for blogging and keep posting more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she was ready to give birth. that prego picture of her seriously looks like she's only 5 months pregnant. I can't believe how tiny she was!! Beautiful baby! Glad everything went well. Tell Jenn I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a beautiful baby, and I love her name. Hope all is well and wish you were close enough to hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gogeous baby girl. Loved all the pictures. I am ready for some more though. I am the kind of aunt that if I cannot be there to eat her than I need pictures to fill me up. Im am grateful for good people and it sound like you are surrounded by the best. Thank them for me. Love you guys. Kiss the kids for aunt Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so cute, congrats! I love her dark hair like her mommy. That is a good middle name Jennifer, or a fun Mexican name so she can have the reminder of where she was born. We are so happy for you and hope you are doing well. Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! She is so beautiful! We are so happy to hear all is well! Love from AZ!

    ReplyDelete